FOR SUPPLIERS / BROKERS / MANUFACTURERS
/ DISTRIBUTORS / SERVICE PROVIDERS
Please be advised all products delivered to Hospitality Services are subject to the following standards:
- All food and food grade products must be purchased, delivered and received from Western University Hospitality Services Purchasing approved sources.
- Hazardous chemicals and non-food products must be kept separate from food products during delivery and receiving. If delivered on the same truck, they must be adequately separated and labeled to ensure contamination does not occur.
- Trucks and shipment may be inspected prior to unloading. Food products will be inspected for best before dates and/or expiration dates. Food products, as required by law, must be labeled with ingredient listing, lot code and/or best before and/or expiration dates. This includes all bulk foods.
- All refrigerated foods, including refrigerated produce must be received at 4 °C or colder.
- All fresh fish must be received at 4 °C or colder.
- All fresh shell fish and fresh lobsters must be received at 7 °C or colder.
- All frozen foods must be received at -18 °C or less.
- All ice cream products must be received at -10 °C or less.
- All dry foods will be inspected for package integrity and cleanliness.